Friday, April 6, 2007

To tell or not to tell. . .


The question every pregnant couple has to deal with. Who to tell and when.

My cousin and his wife made the mistake each time of telling everyone right away. They did it for the time she miscarried on Valentine's Day and again when she miscarried the Friday before Mother's Day. . . and many more times before she gave birth to a baby boy not much more than a month ago. Both our mom's miscarried at least once before we came along (my mom told everyone the first time and no one until it was safe to tell the second time).

So this weekend being a time for family gatherings and my wife's uncle being in town, we've decided to tell that part of her family this weekend. We thought about telling our friends (who are coming over tomorrow night), but I think now we're leaning towards not telling them. round and round we go. As excited as I am and as much as I want to tell the world (i.e. this blog, if anyone has stumbled upon it) right now I'm of the mind to keep it quiet. . . at least until Monday's appointment.

So torn.

No comments: