Monday, April 14, 2008

Whinnie the Pooh and the crabtastic day. . .

I suppose even as an adult I have days like that. Days when I'm just in a crabby mood, but at least I can try and do something to cheer myself up. Eat a bag of Cheetos in one sitting, play video games for hours, burn an effigy. . . the things that make you feel good.

Yesterday the little man probably would have burned an effigy of his parents if he knew how to use his opposable thumbs enough to light a match. He wouldn't lay down, he didn't want to be held, he wanted his pants off and was then cold. . . nothing would make him happy, he just spent the whole day making a moaning sound.

I've heard, and said, that being a baby must be great. Eat, sleep, poop, have someone take care of your every need. I'm changing my vote.

You wake up starving and have to wait for the large hairy creatures to get themselves up and feed you. These giants man handle you all day (think about changing a diaper and imagine someone the same size difference doing it to you). You don't speak the language, they don't know what you want. You have very little control over your own body.

Being a baby must suck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You said it. I use to think man babies have the life, but I guess when you look at from their point of view not so much. There are days that Peyton gives me this look like mom get with the program. Like he knows what he wants but he just can't get his point across. Now when he is truely hungry he will let you know. Forget sitting down with him or it is full blown tantrum.LOL I enjoy the look of if you give me one more spoonful of that it is coming right back in your face. ha ha. Once they start talking it gets so much easier

Amy

caramama said...

I'm so with you on this.

I'm always saying to my little one, "It must be so hard to be the baby." And I really do mean it. Of course, we had a fussy baby and we don't know why she was fussing half the time. That must have been so frustrating for her. She's starting to communicate more now now (words and signs) and already that's helping.

~Joe said...

ugh I cant handle the whine,I know it sounds terrible but I honestly think it is the worse than nails on a chalk board,that low drawn out moan...oye,I cant handle it,but my daughters been doing it more and more now that shes wanting everything around her and doesn't like to be confined to her seat or jumper.I still say babies have it made :P