- I mentioned wanting something that Skippy Jr. could grab and be OK with the whole getting it into his mouth thing. Well we found something. His old soothie pacifiers. We recently switched to a different type of pacifier because he couldn't keep the soothies in anymore. One day he started crying and we were in a room where we hadn't put a new pacifier but had a soothie, so we tried to use it. He grabbed it and put it back in his mouth different ways and had a great time chewing on it. It was small enough for him to hold and doesn't have a bad side to chew on.
- Soothies are great but the best way to stop a crying baby. . . removing his pants. We've also discovered he likes having his fat folds rubbed. They get sweaty and sometimes smelly but he likes it a lot.
- Peas are thick and easy to feed to a baby. Carrots not so much.
- Our baby really doesn't smile much, and it takes a lot of work to get him to laugh. I don't think there's anything wrong with him I just think he's less of a laugher and more of a studier. . . we used to tease each other that we'd have a kid with no sense of humor. "But mother father, why do you think a monkey wearing pants juggling kittens is funny? I don't understand." Be careful what you joke about I guess.
- For the past couple months Skippy Jr. doesn't like to snuggle anymore. Snuggling means sleeping and "damn it I will not be put to sleep!" This week however, he's had a few really sleepy moments where he's snuggled up on me. . . it was so nice.
Anyway that's it for now. I'll try and be better this week.