Wednesday, June 13, 2007

problems. . .

It's always something. We decided to have the quad screen blood test done. For anyone who doesn't know this tests the fetus for Spina Bifida and Down's Syndrome among other things. With our ages and family history we should not have had anything to worry about. . . well we do now. We took the test for peace of mind, and it came back slightly positive. At this point we've been bumped up to a 1 in 175 chance (.57%) of our baby having Down's Syndrome. There will be more tests and more information coming soon. Tomorrow we have the first full ultrasound which will check the heart and lungs, and tell us the sex of the baby. Then we'll go in for a "stage 2" ultrasound to check for signs of Down's Syndrome.

I wish I had more to say right now, but I don't I'm a little out of sorts right now.

I take back the one-armed mongoloid and pregnant zombie comments I made before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your wife in my thoughts and prayers tommorow. I hope that she got a false positive and that the baby is healthy. Good luck to you both.

Amy Anderson said...

Does it help to realize you have a 99.5% chance of everything being fine??