- Some things can only be eaten with a spoon. These items can be fed to the eater with a spoon or the eater can put it onto his/her spoon—with his/her hands—and then eaten off of the spoon. If no spoon is available the food, which is the best food ever on a spoon, will be rejected and treated as the most vile food on the planet.
- That which will not be eaten needs to be as far away as possible, preferably on the floor. This includes "yucky" food as well as some favorable foods*.
- Cheerios will hold a baby out for a long time. . . Corn Chex will slow them down just as much if not more.
- Bananas>Peaches>Cheese>Ham>Veggie Puffs>Bread. . . Juice>Milk>Water
- If the feeding is being overseen by the female parental unit, messy food must be rubbed into the eater's hair at some point in the feeding.
- The eater reserves the right to demand any food regardless of having already tried and dismissing it already.
*"Hmm I've had this Cheerio in my mouth for 3 seconds, I'd prefer a fresh one." and then he throws it overboard. Below the high chair is a perpetual pile of previously chewed food.