Friday, July 18, 2008

Is it me? . . .

I think I've said before that he best feeling I get during my day is when I come home and Mr. Bo Jangles sees me for the first time that day. He squeals and bounces up and down (or just kicks his legs if he's laying down). He's like a group of 12-year-old boys who have just been given a bag of illegal fireworks. I don't think I've ever been that excited in my life (while clothed). That excitement is all directed at me. . . It's a nice feeling.

Then I wonder if the excitement is hurting him.

All day long my wife tells me how the little guy is crawling around. She'll leave the room and when she comes back 1 minute later, he's on the other side of the room getting into something he shouldn't.

Then I arrive home and he sits or lays and grunts while watching me. I'm not trying to be cocky, but I think he's so excited to see me that he can't move. Either that or he thinks I'm a big sucker and if he whines I'll go pick him up or hand him what he wants. . . I don't think I do that.

On another crawling note. We got new carpet last week. It's thicker and less worn than our old (of course) which means he's getting carpet burn on his little knees.

It's hard out there for a baby.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the rug burn get him some babylegs (yes they are for boys too) target carries them and Cotton Babies by St Anthonys has some too. Here is their website so you can see some patterns
http://babylegs.net/newWeb/home.php?main=home&sub=home. I love coming home to them and feeling that happiness it gets better as they get older too :)

Anonymous said...

I agree we have a pair of baby legs for Peyton when he decides to get up and moving.

Maybe he just doesn't want you to see him growing up so fast.

Amy