Tuesday, July 31, 2007

BUMBO!


We spent Saturday night with some friends of mine from high school. These friends have 4 girls. . . the youngest one is 11 weeks (then [I think] 2 years, 4 years, and 7 years). We spent the evening talking, doing some reminiscing, eating and watching the kids. The 11-week-old was fun to watch and she stuck with us most of the night. We played pass the baby, then she sat in a bouncer, then laid on the floor. . . she's cute and sweet, but can get a little boring to watch.

Then there's the 2-year-old, and the realization of why I want to have a kid. . . in order to have a constant source of entertainment. We sat and laughed at everything she did and she didn't disappoint, she kept upping the wow factor switching effortlessly from tumbling to slapstick to her own little monologue. The 10 minutes of her and I saying the word "bumbo" back and forth was the highlight. We were like Abbot and Costello. . . I loved it.

I've been listening to a new podcast, from the TWIT network. It's a parenting podcast called Jumping Monkeys. It's all about parenting in the digital age. I've realized that I need to move on from thinking about pregnancy and start thinking about being a parent (really it's just moving over one shelf in the bookstore). Anyway, it's good podcast that mentions lots of links and such. The podcasters are Leo Laporte and Megan Morrone from the old days of TechTV, I'm enjoying it a lot. There are spots where it gets long and a little too techy, but it's a good show.

Ok that's enough out of me for now.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!