Friday, May 8, 2009

I do, I do. . .

Skippy Jr's two new favorite word. . . I do. Whether wanting to spoon feed himself yogurt, blow his own bubbles or change the channel to something he wants, EVERYTHING is done while saying "I do."

But just saying "I do once" isn't enough. He has to chant it over and over until you let him do it and even then he still mutters it while he does whatever it is he wanted to do.

Brushing his teeth is a big part of "I do," though he doesn't do it well. So is pushing the garage door button, filling his cup with water, getting snacks and cookies from the bag, opening the string cheese, breaking off pieces of the string cheese. It wouldn't be so bad, but most of the things he can't actually do.

I suppose this is just the first bit of independence. One more sign that we're in trouble.

1 comment:

Joe said...

Savannah kinda rude she says "mine" or "move" and pushes you out of the way man I gotta teach this kid some manners haha